Dah hampir seminggu kaki aku bengkak atau sembab. Haritu macam dah kurang. Aku syak sebab aku banyak berjalan, tapi bila surf internet, rupa-rupanya banyak berjalan bukan penyebabnya. In fact, banyak berjalan boleh mengurangkan bengkak..
Mak aku cakap supposedly 5 bulan pregnant ni tak patut sembab pun kaki tu. Normally hujung-hujung pregnancy baru sembab. Tapi sebenarnya tak kira bila-bila pun. Kalo kita tak banyak gerak, kaki memang bleh bengkak. Ceh, nampak sangat aku ni kurang bergerak hahaha...
Here's what I found in the net:
Why does your body swollen during pregnancy?
Pregnancy puts a strain on the circulation in your lower body. This can cause excess fluid to collect, creating swollen feet, ankles and even varicose veins. Sitting for a long time at a desk, in a car or on a plane slows down the blood from your extremities to your heart even more.
How to reduce the swelling?
- Lie on your left side when you sleep to relieve some of the pressure on your veins.
- Put your feet up when ever possible.
- Soak your feet in cool water.
- Do not cross your legs or ankles when you sit.
- Stretch your legs often when you do have to sit for extended periods. Rotate your ankles, stretch your calf and heal and wiggle your toes.
- Drink water. This sounds counter intuitive, but the water actually helps your body function better, including retaining less water.
- Wear comfortable shoes and avoid socks that have tight bands.
Marila kita bersenam, gerak-gerakkan kaki :)